Are you an innovative firm offering software solutions in Michigan’s mobility and automotive sector? Are you
interested in expanding your business in the lucrative Japanese market?
The U.S. Commercial Service in Michigan, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), and the
U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan have joined forces to organize Target Japan: Michigan Mobility and Automotive
Software Showcase for Michigan companies looking to expand sales and build relationships in Japan. Up to
six Michigan companies will be selected to make live presentations of their software solutions to Japanese OEMs,
suppliers, and software distributors, with live translators in Japan supporting the presentations and questions and
answers (Q&A). Click here to Apply now! Deadline is April 19!
Mobility focused software, including the following applications:
• Engineering and design
• Costing and purchasing
• Mobility infrastructure
• Electric vehicle software
• Connected vehicles
• Autonomous vehicles
• Manufacturing and Industry 4.0
• Animation and marketing
• Up to six companies will present or demo their products for
10-15 minutes each, followed by a Q&A session with Japanese
• Translators will provide live translations of company
presentations, and will facilitate Q&A.
The U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan will counsel participating
companies on drafting marketing material specifically for the
• When appropriate, the U.S. Commercial Service will facilitate
matchmaking meetings following the event.
• Applicants must have operations in Michigan.
• Product offerings must be 51 percent U.S. content.
• Applicants should offer cutting-edge software solutions in the
mobility and/or automotive sector that have market potential
• Companies with electric vehicle-related software are
encouraged to apply.
MEDC will review and vet applications to determine which
products best meet the above criteria, and make the final
selection of companies. The U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan will
review applications to provide feedback to the MEDC on the
market potential of products in Japan.
Click here to Apply now! Deadline is April 19!