Expand your business into the world’s second-largest market for U.S. exports with help from Automation Alley. Join our trade mission to Mexico, a nation with a strong demand for the following Michigan-made products, services, and technologies:
- Automotive components and systems
- Environmental and pollution control
- Healthcare and medical
- Industry 4.0 and advanced manufacturing technologies
- IT and information communication technologies
- Michigan’s second-largest market overseas (behind Canada) with $11 billion in exports sales in 2019
- Latin America’s second-largest economy and world’s 10th most populous nation (130M)
- Mexico’s fourteen free trade agreements with more than 50 countries (including the USMCA) spans three continents and encompasses 60% of global GDP
- World-leading manufacturing powerhouse with competitive advantages that include a highly-skilled yet low-wage workforce, excellent product quality, inexpensive transportation costs and geographic proximity to the U.S.
- Wide gaps in Mexico’s supply chains offer U.S. companies significant opportunities for expansion
- Automobile production is projected to grow significantly in 2021 as Mexico recovers from the pandemic
Why Join Our Trade Mission?
- Matchmaking meetings will place you directly in touch with potential buyers and end users of your products, services and technologies
- Meet the key players you need to know to be successful in Mexico.
- Attend business meetings and conferences with government officials and business and industry leaders who will share their firsthand insights about the opportunities and challenges of doing business there
- Automation Alley’s award-winning trade mission program (including the President's “E Star” Award) introduces small and medium-size businesses to high-growth markets and opportunities to expand abroad.
- These missions are results orientated, having generated nearly $1.5 billion in export sales for past company participants and the creation of 8007 local jobsWe will take care of all your planning before, during and after the mission
This trade mission is made possible in partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. Be sure to ask about Michigan’s State Trade Expansion Program (MI-STEP), which may qualify your company to receive 75% reimbursement for the costs of participating in our mission including trade mission participation and flights.
Participation is limited to 10 companies and the deadline to register is July 23, 2021. The cost to participate in country is $3000 for members and $4000 for non-members. Price includes business briefings, matchmaking meetings, in-country ground transportation, hotels, and at least two group dinners. Airfare is not included.
While COVID-19 has halted many international business pursuits, Automation Alley's Virtual Trade Mission Program has adapted to provide virtual options to ensure Michigan companies still have opportunities to do business globally despite current travel limitations.
The virtual trade mission option, from September 27-October 8, 2021, is reduced to $1,000 for members and $1,500 for non-members.
Please complete the Mexico profile form here to arrange a video conference call with the Michigan Mexico office to determine market potential.
For more information or to register, please contact Lisa Lasser, Automation Alley’s International Business Services Manager, at email@example.com or 248-457-3283
In partnership with: